• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harryslimm
    • Mar 2024

"Hello, My Name Is....."

....Harry.

I've had boats with Atomic4s in them since the "90"s but never did a total rebuild. Now I'm doing two simultaneously.

I believe I bought a short block from MMA4 in another life a couple decades ago.

Not sure if this is going to be viewable but here is an album (within the MMA4 Community website) of random pics of my process:

I"ll add more pics as I go along. Feedback and questions welcome.

At this point I'm ready to put the new rings and bearings on and start reassembly. I have questions about putting the distributor body back in correctly regarding the timing so I'll be combing over the forums and prior posts to see if anybody inquired about the same thing before I ask you all.

Be seeing you. -h
  • hanleyclifford
    Afourian MVP
    • Mar 2010

https://moyermarine.com/product/serv...erhaul-manual/ Do you have this manual?

Comment

• alcodiesel
      • Oct 2015

Welcome, Harry.
      I especially liked 2 of your pics- "one mans junk" and the "needle scaler" which we called needle guns in the navy- a seaman's friend and nightmare- chipping what seemed like acres of bulkhead.
      I also thought of the line from "Contact," First rule of government spending- why buy one when you can have two at twice the price.
      Anyway, I hope to see more of the rebuild and your workshop.
      Bill McLean
      '76 Ericson 27
      :valhalla:
      Norfolk, VA

Comment

• harryslimm
        • Mar 2024

Thanks you guys.

(Yes I have the manual)

Comment

Working...
        X