X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Missin'th'water
    • Jun 2010

Need a good A4 mechanic in Cape May, NJ

My buddy is en-route from Falmouth, ME to Norfolk, VA with his new boat and is stuck in Cape May with engine problems. Recommendations of a good A4 mechanic would be greatly appreciated.

This probably sounds lame, but his problems and reading the excellent posts on this site have me really excited at the prospect of learning everything possible about this venerable engine so I can help support its needs for years to come!
  • chrish123
    • Nov 2009

Where is he located in Cape May? Contact Skip at Harborview Marina, and tell him that Chris H referred him and he should be able to help out. He's at work from 0600 to noon most days, and alternate week ends. He's local and he would be able to steer your friend in the right direction.

Harbourview Marina (609) 884-5444

Krikee......thats where I broke down. Dont enter the marina unless its high tide otherwise you wont make it. You can leave at low tide but you need Skip or Jack (the other fellow who works there, guide you out)

Best of luck....btw...they want between $1.50 - $2.00 a ft fees which are negotiable.. Heads up, haul out is expensive in Cape May.

/ch

Comment

• Missin'th'water
      • Jun 2010

Thanks muchly, will pass the word...

Comment

• hanleyclifford
        Afourian MVP
        • Mar 2010

Is your friend presently on the hook at Cape May?

Comment

• domenic
          • Jul 2010

I am not a mechanic...was going to hire one to tune up my A4. I have always had a rule; "Don't sail into anything you can't sail out of."

When I'm at sea, or on the Bay, and need the engine...where is the mechanic? Moyers has a great book on the A4...I have ordered the book.

Comment

Working...
          X