X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanleyclifford
    Afourian MVP
    • Mar 2010

Mo, Also I'm thinking the system should be designed with continuous uphill plumbing so that oil drains back into the engine during shut down periods.

Comment

• joe_db
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2009

You need a catch can in the system. Hose goes downhill to can and then back uphill again. Empty the can every now and then.
      Joe Della Barba
      Coquina
      C&C 35 MK I
      Maryland USA

Comment

• Mo
        Afourian MVP
        • Jun 2007

Exactly

Exactly Joe.
        Mo

"Odyssey"
        1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
        The optimist expects it to change.
        The realist adjusts the sails.
        ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

I dunno if I am ready to ditch my PCV for a Li'l Stanker, but I may get one of those to ventilate my holding tank!!!!
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

• High Hopes
            Afourian MVP
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Mo View Post
            I have a spare blower motor sitting in my garage. Agreed Neil... ...What about a smaller blower motor used in conjunction with a small hose such as heater hose. It couldn't help but solve that problem. Smaller hose would draw less power, and could be rigged to come on with ignition switch.

The only problem would be were to put the exhaust. If I had to do it I think I'd make another through hull in the transom for it. Currently my blower is what I consider noisy and exhausts in the cockpit... so I don't think exhausting blow-into the cockpit is a plan. Smaller motor should be quiet as well and it wouldn't need much to move air / blow-by through the hose.
            Hi Mo,

I was wondering if you run your blower while the engine is running? I have the blower wired to the ACC position of a new ignition switch - like a car radio. That means it is ON all the time when the engine is running. I thought that was a safety requirement.

I have two engine compartment ducts running to topside cowlings: one to draw air IN and another to draw air OUT. The IN side points forward to the cockpit. The OUT cowling points over the stern, so there is no engine smell.

Also, on draining the gunk/oil out of the hose - wow! You must have a serious problem. Most of this is vapor, no? I haven't noticed any residue yet. But I will keep an eye on it now that you thought of this. Thanks. <-- (Actually rats! now I have one more thing to worry about!)

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X