• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marian Claire
    Afourian MVP
    • Aug 2007

35# cqr

For Sale 35# CQR anchor. This is a real CQR made in Scotland and in excellent shape. My reason for selling is that the bottom in my area is a very soft mud and the CQR is just not the best anchor for those conditions. I am located in the Havelock/Oriental NC area. I am willing to work with you on delivery or pickup. 200$ Dan S/V Marian Claire
  • hanleyclifford
    Afourian MVP
    • Mar 2010

Dan - If I were near you I'd go for it in a heartbeat. The CQR is the finest anchor made. I have used mine all the way from Martha's Vineyard to Florida and it only failed to hold once in 15 years ( 28 Oct 2006, 3923.53 N - 7423.95 W, 50 knots all night: bottom is an old sewage pit for city of Brigantine, nuff said). Somebody is going to get a deal but if it doesn't go I'll be alongside next fall. Regards, Hanley
    Last edited by hanleyclifford; 12-16-2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Marian Claire
      Afourian MVP
      • Aug 2007

I’ll be happy to set it aside and hold it for you. When are you headed south? I plan to leave Feb 1 and not return until mid June. Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• hanleyclifford
        Afourian MVP
        • Mar 2010

I'm usually in the Carolinas late October to November. Oriental is a favorite stop.

Comment

• Marian Claire
          Afourian MVP
          • Aug 2007

Good deal. If anyone else shows interest I will contact you before I do anything. Hope to cross wakes in the fall. Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

Working...
          X