• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanleyclifford
    Afourian MVP
    • Mar 2010

The Jennrette Bros Dock

Hi Paul and Trina, Good to hear you're in a secure spot till things settle down. I know I had to bash my head against that brick wall (The Albemarle) several times before I got the message. Is that dock still free? Hope you got that fuel issue settled. That Ace up on Eryhringhaus Road has quite a lot of marine stuff. Enjoy Elizabeth City! All the best, Hanley

Comment

• PT26
      • Mar 2012

Hi Hanley

Yes it is still free, all they ask is that you go into town and buy food from a local restaurant. Fair enough... You know how we like to eat!

I will enjoy a piece of that sinful cheesecake in your honor

Oh, yes I did the A4 is running great again... Glad that issue is solved!

Off to do laundry and check out ace.
      Last edited by PT26; 11-15-2012, 02:01 PM.
      Paul
      S/V PT26
      1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

"The Devil never comes to you with a pitchfork and a ball of fire"

Comment

• PT26
        • Mar 2012

Bill - Shot of your boat

I am going through some of the photos and the one of your boat is on the camera, I have to get a way of getting it off the card.
        I wish I had used the iPad or my phone... We can't find the connection cable to the PC from the camera. It's not lost... it's on the boat!
        I did take this one of Queens Creek with the iPad

Click image for larger version

Name:	Queencreek2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	193742

If you are in need of a great place to stop this is it
        Paul
        S/V PT26
        1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

Paul,
          Sorry about the bad fuel from Solomons Yachting Center. They had to completely rebuild that marina after Hurricane Isabel in 2003. Too bad to hear Sandy may have messed with them as well.

And also sorry that I missed you while you were in town.

Glad to hear you and Trina are making good progress.

Awesome picture...camera have an SD card? You need to find some place with an SD card reader!
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

• hanleyclifford
            Afourian MVP
            • Mar 2010

1330 and PT 26 seems to be less than 1 hour from the Deep Point anchorage in the Alligator River. Wonder if they'll try to run the Pungo Canal before stopping?

Comment

• hanleyclifford
              Afourian MVP
              • Mar 2010

PT 26 halted at Deep Point, Alligator River. Note that during the night barges often push right onto the bank just at the point for a few hours rest before proceeding.

Comment

• hanleyclifford
                Afourian MVP
                • Mar 2010

PT26 really smokin' thru that Alligator/Pungo Canal making 5.8 knots and only an hour shy of the Pungo River.

Comment

• Marian Claire
                  Afourian MVP
                  • Aug 2007

SCA posted for the area from 1200 today thru Monday. http://towndock.net/weather/pamlico-...ather-forecast Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• hanleyclifford
                    Afourian MVP
                    • Mar 2010

I don't think PT26 is afraid of 20 to 25 but it will be interesting to see where they hold up for the night. Oriental would be a big stretch and it ain't nice around Maw Point in NE.

Comment

• PT26
                      • Mar 2012

Hello from Dowery Creek Marina

Well we flew across the Albermarle Sound we sailed it from the green to green straight down wind and swell at twenty five and gusting... What a ride that was! At one point the iPad called 13.3 knots with water comming over the stern of the boat.
                      We missed the bridge into the Aligator river by a minute and had to turn right into the mess on the nose for about five minutes before he reopened the bridge... Sloppy and wet but we were having a blast. None of the flotilla of boats cut the sound as we did and we smoked them to the anchorage and got first dibs, that's always nice.

Hanley, I gave it a thought because the weather is just going to get worse!
                      But we stopped in for a pump out and to refuel and then the wind came up strong so we decided to stay and see what it is like in the morning.
                      While we are held up here I did the usual checkup on The A4. Changed all filters again checked the engine over completely. The packing was dripping a bit to much so I fixed that too.
                      They are calling for 20 plus out of the NNE in the morning I am thinking we might just go for it early if it calms enough to get out of the slip.
                      Tell me if I am wrong but it would it be better than out of the East or south on the nose? Especially when we hit the Neuse River. It's a hard call to make.
                      I guess we will make that call in the morning before dawn.
                      Paul
                      S/V PT26
                      1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

Comment

• Mo
                        Afourian MVP
                        • Jun 2007

Hi Paul,

Regarding your decision to make a move or not. NNE should bring you with the wind on the quarter most of the day. Protection from fetch as you come out (I`m guessing you must be heading down around Oriental)....about 40 miles? What you have coming tomorrow is what I like when I go sailing...some protection from land to keep the fetch down and a wind to make it go.

I only drove a Grampian 26 once and it was a good solid boat but I didn`t have it in any weather...and that was over 10 yrs ago. Got a chuckle out of you surfing the boat and your top speed today....I did 14.8 a couple of years back surfing down a wave. (I sometimes referred to it 15.8 but the other day I went through my logs and saw the note 14.8...sometimes I make mistakes trying to remember stuff) Writing them into the log allows for accurate retreival as long as I can still read

NNE might be very beneficial to you as long as you are rested up and gear all dried out etc and can stay warm. Winds will be your call, of course, but you know the boat and where you are comfortable. Whatever you decide...will be looking for the AIS signal and check you out.
                        Mo

"Odyssey"
                        1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
                        The optimist expects it to change.
                        The realist adjusts the sails.
                        ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• hanleyclifford
                          Afourian MVP
                          • Mar 2010

Nice Going PT26

Paul and Trina, Days like that are when you are happy the A4 is happy. If you like 25 NE on the Albemarle, 20 NNE should be cake for you on the Pamlico but it could be ugly until you get around Maw Point. Don't forget about Mayo CO at the Hobucken Bridge as a last change-your-mind halt. Good water at the south end of the dock just around the corner (if the docks are still there). Also Gale Creek is excellent as well as the next little bight G"23". Hanley

Comment

• hanleyclifford
                            Afourian MVP
                            • Mar 2010

Wow

PT26 crossing the Pamlico River making 5.9 knots and nearing the protection of Goose Creek. Will they hold up near Hobucken or go for the shot at Oriental?

Comment

• hanleyclifford
                              Afourian MVP
                              • Mar 2010

Weather report from Bayboro

NE 21 gusts to 31, just sayin'

Comment

• Mo
                                Afourian MVP
                                • Jun 2007

time will tell.

Me thinks they keep going and make up as much as they can with the wind behind them. It will be interesting to see the surf speed for the day

1653 UTC...6.4 kts steering about 120, in the open now and seems to be holding her steady.
                                Last edited by Mo; 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM.
                                Mo

"Odyssey"
                                1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
                                The optimist expects it to change.
                                The realist adjusts the sails.
                                ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

Working...
                                X