X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fixxxer0
    • Jun 2007

temperature and oil pressure gauge stopped working

both my temperature and oil pressure guages were working fine on sunday and giving me normal readings.

i removed the battery to take it home and give it a proper charge before i went out for the 4th of july, and came back on monday and cleaned/reconnected everything on the battery.

after running it for a few mintues i noticed the oil pressure guage showing nothing (needle all the way to the left) and the temp guage was on ~115 or so and not moving. normally my temp is steady at 160 under load and was at that temp the day before. the engine definitely was not running cold, and since both gauges were malfunctioning i assuming it must be electrical. the temp gauge also went out to zero a few times while running, and then returned to the 115 temp.

my remaining fuel and amp guages appear to be functioning correctly.

any idea what how to fix this? all the connections on the back of the gauges looks good, no corrosion, and tight.
  • hanleyclifford
    Afourian MVP
    • Mar 2010

Check the grounding of the gauges and the panel itself all the way back to the battery. You may have disturbed it when you removed the battery.

Comment

Working...
    X