• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmmulvey
    • Apr 2011

Manual Fuel Pump

Afourians,

Not knowing when it was last done by PO, I would like to clean my sediment bowl.

This is a late model A-4

Please let me know how to remove it.

Hoping I do not have to remove the whole pump.

TIA

Regards

Bill
  • Al Schober
    Afourian MVP
    • Jul 2009

Bill,
    The yellow arrow in the photo points to the nut you have to loosen. It's a right hand thread, so you turn it clockwise looking at the top of the fuel pump. Once loosened (don't break the thread) the bail will swing out of the way and the bowl can be removed. This will expose a cork gasket and the screen. The fuel inlet is above the screen, so that's where you'll find all the grit. Cleaning only the bowl doesn't really do much.
    You should really remove the whole pump to do the job right, otherwise you'll be working blind!
    Attached Files

Comment

• hanleyclifford
      Afourian MVP
      • Mar 2010

While you're at it:
      Last edited by hanleyclifford; 07-13-2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• wmmulvey
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Al Schober View Post
        Bill,
        The yellow arrow in the photo points to the nut you have to loosen. It's a right hand thread, so you turn it clockwise looking at the top of the fuel pump. Once loosened (don't break the thread) the bail will swing out of the way and the bowl can be removed. This will expose a cork gasket and the screen. The fuel inlet is above the screen, so that's where you'll find all the grit. Cleaning only the bowl doesn't really do much.
        You should really remove the whole pump to do the job right, otherwise you'll be working blind!
        Al & Hanley,

Thanks for the info and for taking time to post a Pic.

Regards

Bill

Comment

Working...
        X