X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanleyclifford
    Afourian MVP
    • Mar 2010

Shawn, Are you following Paul and Trina with the marine traffic/AIS site? I have L/L for most of their anchorages.

Comment

• sastanley
      Afourian MVP
      • Sep 2008

Hanley..good idea..I am following them most of the time with that cool site..It is one of the other few sites still not blocked at work. I didn't think to pull L/L from there!
      -Shawn
      "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
      "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
      sigpic

Comment

• hanleyclifford
        Afourian MVP
        • Mar 2010

Shawn, If you want their current L/L, pull up NOAA chart #11428.

Comment

• PT26
          • Mar 2012

Log book and Heading East

Thanks Mo

Yes we have been trying to do a better job this year. It will be very helpfull if we go again next season. We have landed in some good spots by just being lucky.

We leave tomorrow, the weather should be good enough to go. I can't wait to check out Lake Okeechobee. I will turn the AIS on when we head out.
          Paul
          S/V PT26
          1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

"The Devil never comes to you with a pitchfork and a ball of fire"

Comment

• hanleyclifford
            Afourian MVP
            • Mar 2010

0900 PT26 in Moore Haven Lock.

Comment

• Marian Claire
              Afourian MVP
              • Aug 2007

PT26. Hope you do not mind if I throw in a story about Lake Okeechobee. Several years ago Linda flew into Ft Myers and joined me for the trip from the west coast to the east coast of Fla via the Okeechobee Waterway. Due to timing we chose to stay on the Rim route, route 2, and anchored near the south end of the lake MM 63+-. The forecast for the next day was good until about 1500 when strong winds were predicted. We decided to make and early start and then jump out into the lake around MM 50 and make a run for the lock at Port Mayaca. That should have put us off the lake long before the winds picked up. All was well until we were about 8 miles from the lock, the forecast had not changed but I could see the nasty clouds building and closing in quickly. About 4 miles out from the lock the front hit with gusty winds and short period, steep and confused seas. We bounced along and I contacted the lock as we approached. The lock tender was great. He said " I have you in sight and see the conditions. I have opened the back gate of the lock and will open the front gate as you approach. No need to slow down or tie up" His timing was perfect and we popped thru the lock like a champagne cork on New Years. I thanked him for his help and tuned in the WX. They had just posted SCA for the lake, the front had come thru about 3 hrs before they thought. Enjoy your crossing P & T. Dan S/V Marian Claire
              Last edited by Marian Claire; 02-02-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• hanleyclifford
                Afourian MVP
                • Mar 2010

1730 PT 26 closing on lock at Port Mayaca

Comment

• PT26
                  • Mar 2012

It must be the same guy at the lock! I have never gone through so fast, we were worried we would not get tied to the dolphins before dark.
                  We made it with time to spare and watched the sunset.
                  It was a good day, we motored part of the day and then sailed across the lake until just before the lock. Dropped our sails and motored right on through
                  Paul
                  S/V PT26
                  1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

Comment

• hanleyclifford
                    Afourian MVP
                    • Mar 2010

Paul and Trina, I noticed that you went in to Clewiston but did not stay. What's the situation there?

Comment

• hanleyclifford
                      Afourian MVP
                      • Mar 2010

PT 26 now east of US 1 at Stuart, really making time!

Comment

• PT26
                        • Mar 2012

They say everyday on the water is a good day?

Hanley, Clewiston was a pit stop for fuel and water... There rates were to high for what was there two bucks a foot, pump out broken etc...

Today was going great until we were under the bridge just before St. Lucie lock when a navy vessel "navy 12" hull number 68NS 8601 came along side us under the bridge and then hit full speed ahead no more than 25 feet from us! No way to turn into the four foot or better wake. Trina just missed hitting me head on and landed half into the companion way hurting her shoulder and neck, I did a face plant into the lacerate banging my knee and twisting my ankle. I hit the radio no response from them. We ended up in the lock at the same time no apologies. When this happened we could see the laughter on the navy boat, clearly on purpose because they slowed down after they did it. And then did it again to a small motor vessel and almost flipped it.
                        Our boat became a disaster the poop hit the fan so to speak.
                        We were told by Tow Boat don't even bother to call Coast Guard they will just tell you it's the navy and nothing can be done about it. I am not a mean person but you all hurt my lady so I think you all on that vessel suck cow poop!
                        Paul
                        S/V PT26
                        1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

Comment

• PT26
                          • Mar 2012

Pm

Hi Mo
                          I didn't get the PM
                          Paul
                          S/V PT26
                          1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

Comment

• Mo
                            Afourian MVP
                            • Jun 2007

Should have it now.
                            Mo

"Odyssey"
                            1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
                            The optimist expects it to change.
                            The realist adjusts the sails.
                            ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• hanleyclifford
                              Afourian MVP
                              • Mar 2010

Hi Paul and Trina, Sorry to hear about what the navy boat did but hope no permanent harm was done. You did a good thing posting the boat's hull number on the internet; you never know, some responsible officer might see it and have the juice and the guts to do something about it. I had an opposite experience once in the Dismal Swamp with three US Marines tactical assault boats. Rudeness and endangerment are not US military policy. I know what you mean about Clewiston; the Marina is overpriced and has a noisy tiki bar that makes the dock unpleasant late at night. FWIW Moore Haven is a much better stop (next trip). All the best, Hanley

Comment

• PT26
                                • Mar 2012

Back in order

Well, we got the boat all put up and things where they belong.
                                Trina seems to be ok, we're both sore as... But no permanent damage. Like Trina said if it hurts today wait until tomorrow

Going to eat some dinner and see if we can get the Super Bowl!

Not sure if we will move tomorrow, we may take a day to rest.
                                Paul
                                S/V PT26
                                1971 Grampian G26 W/A4

Comment

Working...
                                X