X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damienk
    • Dec 2014

engine starts then dies

Hi! I just posted in the "fuel supply" section, but then I realized there is this "troubleshooting" section. I'll make it very short here:

My engine starts then dies. I replaced everything in the fuel supply: new pump, new filter, new lines, new tank. Still dies. I realized that it actually works perfect if I disconnect the line from the tank and hold it in the air (and supply fuel of course), but if I lower it to the fuel tank level, it dies.

About the setup:
    - the fuel tank has always been located there.
    - it happened before and after I changed the fuel tank, the fuel pump (twice), the fuel filter, rebuilt the carb...

Any idea?
  • romantic comedy
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2007

My guess is that the guys here will all read all the sections or categories of posts. I would suggest to not repeat your posts in a different section.

I am sure you will get plenty of help here.

When I log on, I see all the new posts, regardless of the section they ar e in. Then I read the posts... make sense?
    Last edited by romantic comedy; 12-14-2014, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• damienk
      • Dec 2014

Sure, sorry for that

Comment

• romantic comedy
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2007

dont worry. This forum is great, helpful and friendly.

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

Looks like everyone else is using the other thread, so I'll post this here just to make sure it sinks to the bottom and off the page eventually..

If you do like me & RC do, use this URL, and it shows you all recent threads, in chronological order, regardless of which section they are in. I find this the best way to catch everything!

-Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X