X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SvenTheGoose
    • Apr 2022

Bench test for a thermostat?

Is there anyway to bench test a thermostat? I have one that I believe to be stuck open and another that is in an unknown condition. The one that is stuck open is installed in my "working" engine that I am planning to install this weekend and the other is in my parts engine so neither is in running condition right now. I didn't plan to pull the stuck open one unless I found out my other one worked. I have a bypass kit on order so that is going to be install either way.

Thanks,
    Brant
  • Surcouf
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • May 2018

Originally posted by SvenTheGoose View Post
    Is there anyway to bench test a thermostat? I have one that I believe to be stuck open and another that is in an unknown condition. The one that is stuck open is installed in my "working" engine that I am planning to install this weekend and the other is in my parts engine so neither is in running condition right now. I didn't plan to pull the stuck open one unless I found out my other one worked. I have a bypass kit on order so that is going to be install either way.

Thanks,
    Brant
    a pot of cold water on your kitchen range, with a cooking thermometer, and fire it up! Done multiple times in the past for cars and A4 thermostats, with the kids on the side to teach them . You can visually see the movement
    Surcouf
    A nostalgic PO - Previously "Almost There" - Catalina 27 (1979)

Comment

Working...
    X