X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

Brosov, It may not be the cheapest route always, but to make sure you get the correct parts, just call Ken at the Moyer Marine parts department. The time saved is usually worth the extra few dollars. Moyer is THE resource for Atomic4 parts. (I am in no way affiliated, just a happy customer.)
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• roadnsky
      Afourian MVP
      • Dec 2008

Ditto Shawn's advice.
      If you wanna get it right the first time AND get real support AFTER the sale, get it from Moyer!
      -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
      sigpic
      1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• smosher
        Afourian MVP
        • Jun 2006

When you buy from Moyer, you know its the right part, many times there's an instruction sheet included. I live in Boston and I usually get the part one day after ordering. Yes it may cost a little more but in the end there's less time and frustration involved. To me thats worth it.

Steve

Comment

• Brosov
          Frequent Contributor
          • May 2010

well, folks, sometimes the least expected things emerge to be the problem. I just installed an inline fuel filter purchased from Moyer. After hooking it up, I decided to bypass the upstream fuel lines and use a 1 gallon outboard tank. To my surprise, she started right up and ran like a champ for an hour as I cleaned up!!! Problem solved- now I need to figure out how to gain decent access to my old copper fuel lines and make sure they are unclogged... and more daunting- attempt to siphon 16 gallons of gas out of the tank and attempt to clean it out. Not sure about this one... but I'm just happy to hear her purrr again!!! Thanks for the input, everyone...

Comment

• ArtJ
            • Sep 2009

I recently siphoned my fuel tank out using a squeeze bulb plastic siphon
            which originally came with a kerosene stove. I removed 15 gal of fuel
            this way in less than 20 min into 3 5 gal cans.

I removed the temp tank gauge and siphoned it out.

I threw a couple of cans of carb cleaner in the tank gauge hole.
            let it set a few minutes, then using a piece of hose with a rag tied to
            it , again thru the gauge hole, swiped and cleaned along the bottom edge of the tank. My tank was v shaped
            and I could access the bottom edge via the gauge.
            I then re-siphoned all remaining fuel etc.

Regards,

Ar

Comment

• Marian Claire
              Afourian MVP
              • Aug 2007

Before you pump the tank. In post # 1 you said you had fuel thru the pump. With the results from your test the carb is not the problem. I am assuming you gravity fed fuel directly thru the in-line filter and to the carb. What is in-between the pump and the carb in your system? Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• Brosov
                Frequent Contributor
                • May 2010

that is one of the things that has left me scratching my head. Yes- I had good flow through the pump the other day. After cleaning the sediment bowl and screwing it back in, the mechanical fuel pump didn't prime the fuel through. I could pump and pump and not get any fuel flow. I did, however, get pressure built up when I put my finger over the fuel line coming from the pump towards the carb. So, the pump was indeed still working, but at that point I was worried that my problems were now compounded by no fuel flow. I hooked up a 1 gallon tank upstream from the pump and she fired right up! So, yes- I have crud in the tank uptake or in the fuel line somewhere... but the mystery is that initially, this was not the problem as I DID have fuel delivery to the carb before. *scratches head, but happy*.

Comment

• Marian Claire
                  Afourian MVP
                  • Aug 2007

I see. I think. Can you blow air back thru the system from the upstream connection of the pump to the tank? Also check and make sure the vent for the tank is clear. Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• 67c&ccorv
                    Afourian MVP
                    • Dec 2008

And don't forget to change out those floats - the carb will not operate properly and may cause a fire hazard if they are leaking.

Comment

Working...
                    X