• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2dogsfishin
    • Jul 2010

Giving up-All A4 stuff for sale

Hello A4natics,

I will be 3/4's of a century old this year, arthritis and other ailments are winning. On and on...

I have 4 rebuildable A4 blocks, one RTO I just removed from a customers boat last month, and a lot of good, re-usable parts, like heads, manifolds, cranks, cams, water pumps, starters, alternators, etc.

I don't feel well enough to inventory and take pictures, UNLESS,someone wants to take all of it SOON.The price will be right!
    e mail me at bshmarine@yahoo.com put A4 in the title or call 850 572 1225 from 0800 to 1200 CDT ONLY. I do not answer the phone after 12 Noon.

Tom down on the bayou in Pensacola
  • ndutton
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

Yeah Tom, the calendar is relentless isn't it? I hope you're planning on hanging around here with us. You'd be missed.
    Neil
    1977 Catalina 30
    San Pedro, California
    prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
    Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• Carl-T705
      • Jul 2011

Well congratulations on making it to the 75th year!! That's a great phone protocol, not answering after noon, That's is something I'm going to adopt once I don't need one for work. That's is, if I don't throw in the dumpster first. I wonder if the convenience of a phone is worth the annoyance of one. I swear I hear one ringing in my head when I'm sleeping!

Comment

• 2dogsfishin
        • Jul 2010

Dave from Vermont & phone call times

Hi Afourians,

A fellow from Vermont called last week about the RTO A4 I have and I didn't get his e mail address correct. I want to send him some photos. So, Dave if you are reading this send me an e mail oldflathead@bshmarine.com

I am a "Wobbler", that is a victim of the antibiotic gentamicin poisoning resulting in vestibular dysfunction, (total loss of balance). November 2007 I had a hip replacement, dirty OR, infection, open X3 and heavy doses of gentamicin that were not monitored closely. Back in the hospital 2X, Dec.10 2007, I stopped breathing, heart stopped and kidneys failed, resulting in a near death experience, (too long to post here).

Thanks to Physical Therapists who taught me to walk again. I have learned to cope, but it is very tiring as I must constantly think about balancing. At noon time I have one beer, snack, then a nap. I turn my phone off at 1200.

Keep On Keeping On (KOKO)

I have rebuilt any A4's in several years, as the demand for Perkins 4.108's is keeping me busy, 9 last year and I have 4 in my shop undergoing major surgery, rebuilt P4.107 or 8 long block is $4,995
        I have really enjoyed sprucing up the RTO A4 and will be test running it today.

A4's are FUN!

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X