• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edwardc
    Afourian MVP
    • Aug 2009

FWC Kit Packaging Problem

During the winter, I purchased the Moyer FWC kit to put on my new Moyer-rebuilt short block.

Now that Spring is here, I'm starting to install it.

While inspecting the components, I just happened to notice a packaging problem that could have led to hours of frustrating troubleshooting.

The HX in the FWC kit comes packed in a box padded with expandable foam in a containing plastic bag in order to get a nice, tight, contoured padding.

The problem is that the foam expands with such force that it actually punched one of the hose barbs for the coolant loop through the plastic and pushed a nice slug of foam into the fitting! If I hadn't happened to notice it, the foam slug very likely would have ended up wedged in an elbow somewhere and led to puzzling overheating problems.

The fix in the future is easy. I recommend that all 4 fittings on the HX be fitted with plastic caps before shipping.
    Attached Files
    @(^.^)@ Ed
    1977 Pearson P-323 "Dolce Vita"
    with rebuilt Atomic-4

sigpic
  • msmith10
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2006

Ed,
    I think you voided the warranty by removing the pre-installed 5 micron water filter.
    Mark Smith
    1977 c&c30 Mk1 hailing from Port Clinton, Ohio

Comment

• Will Jacocks
      • May 2010

Originally posted by msmith10 View Post
      Ed,
      I think you voided the warranty by removing the pre-installed 5 micron water filter.
      Good one!

Comment

• lat 64
        Afourian MVP
        • Oct 2008

I had a $1000 camera stolen a few years ago. It got found in a pawn shop in Amarillo. The Texas State police sent it back loose in a cardboard box. (I live in Alaska)
        It rattled all the way to Alaska. I WISH they had put some padding in with it!
        Oh well.

I'm sure MMI will get 'er straight soon no prob.
        R.
        sigpic Whiskeyjack a '68 Columbia 36 rebuilt A-4 with 2:1

"Since when is napping doing nothing?"

Comment

Working...
        X