X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Close Reach
    • Feb 2009

Small leak at oil pressure sender

I'm noticing a small leak (less than a drip a minute, I think) at the oil pressure sender, just behind the fly wheel on the carb side. Has anyone had to troubleshoot this before? Any tips before I climb into the coveralls would be appreciated.
    1975 C&C 33
    A4 with FWC
  • Dave Neptune
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Jan 2007

Close, is it the sender leaking or a threaded fitting? If it is the sender it will need to be replaced. However if it is the senders threads or a pipe fitting thread you should be able to just tighten it a bit.

Dave Neptune

Comment

• sastanley
      Afourian MVP
      • Sep 2008

Mr. CR. to add to Dave's comments...if I have my memory together correctly, Don Moyer reported that Universal at some point used galvanized 1/8" pipe nipples in that area and sometimes they fail. A slight tightening may fix it, but if it is corroded, galvanized would just crumble when you tighten it. Have a brass nipple on hand to replace just in case.
      -Shawn
      "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
      "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
      sigpic

Comment

• Mr. Close Reach
        • Feb 2009

Thanks guys. It is the ISSPRO sender sold on the Moyer site, so definitely not original. I will have to look more closely to see if it is leaking at the sender or the threads.
        1975 C&C 33
        A4 with FWC

Comment

Working...
        X