X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P30inbuffalo
    • Jan 2011

Engine for sale

We rebuilt our A4 last winter, and we bought an engine from a another sailor here, thinking we would use it for parts, but we completed our rebuild without it. The engine came out of a Pearson 30 like ours, 1970's, fresh water. The owner decided to put in a diesel after taking the engine apart.
    As far as I can tell all the parts are here, except ignition wires, and based on my rebuild experience they all look in good shape as far as visual inspection goes. I am not aware of any defects but everything is "as is" . There are 2 carb bodies as you can see from the photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sred...kDA&feat=email

We want to sell the whole shebang together, not part it out, so you would have to add freight to your location.

make an offer if interested. My email is jimlyon (the number 100) @gmail.com
    Last edited by P30inbuffalo; 03-19-2012, 12:39 PM.
    Pearson 30
    Lake Erie - Buffalo

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
    -H. L. Mencken

"My experience with engines is that if you depend on them they fail you, but if it just doesn't matter, they serve you."
    -Frank Wightman

“The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living."
    -Gen. Omar Bradley
  • Mo
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2007

There was a guy in Buffalo last summer in need of an engine. Keithems is his handle here on the forum....might be worth shooting him off an email.
    Mo

"Odyssey"
    1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
    The optimist expects it to change.
    The realist adjusts the sails.
    ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• P30inbuffalo
      • Jan 2011

Thanks

Thanks Mo, I appreciate the info. I will send him a message.

Jim
      Pearson 30
      Lake Erie - Buffalo

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
      -H. L. Mencken

"My experience with engines is that if you depend on them they fail you, but if it just doesn't matter, they serve you."
      -Frank Wightman

“The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living."
      -Gen. Omar Bradley

Comment

Working...
      X