X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2dogsfishin
    • Jul 2010

Sold my A4's & parts to Fred

Oh well, the end of an era for me. No more A4's as I am getting too old, cranky, and Arthur Ritis is kicking butt. Last year I had my right knee replaced and a heart ablation, plus my 7 year affliction, vestibular dysfunction, no balance. It has been a good, fun ride. Got my first A4 ride in 1967, 28' Columbia from LA to SF, California. I will still be checking in on you Afourians occasionally.

Friend, Fred Fazzio from Ocean Springs, MS, about 100 miles west of Pensacola, who has been working with us part time has taken my whole inventory, 5 rebuildable blocks, stacks of parts, used and new, records, books, folders etc. One truck load and another waiting. We will keep my website up and running, bshmarine. Fred is a good guy, younger, hard working tug boat guy, has technical skills and experience.

Thanks to Mr. Moyer and to all of you who have made this a pleasant trip. I will keep in touch until I am planted in Tombstone Orchard. If any of you are coming by Bayou Chico, boat or roller, give us a call and stop by. I will always make space at my dock or we have a guest cottage by the bayou.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7100037.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	204911

BTW, since idle hands are the devil's workshop, even at 77 YO, my business partner, Johnny Walker and I are still doing a few Perkins 4.108's since over 500,000 were built and parts are readily available.
    Tom Vandiver
  • BadaBing
    • Jul 2007

Tom,
    Im pleased for you that your exit plan worked out.
    Thanks for your help with the head and your advise and encouragement by phone. Thanks also for letting us know where the stash of parts has migrated to.

Blessings in your second (?) retirement.

Bill
    Bill
    1974, Tartan 30, Unchained Melody
    www.CanvasWorks.US

Comment

• ndutton
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2009

Congratulations Tom. The Perkins 4-108 (and the prior iteration, the 4-107) is a sweet engine. Be sure to recut the sleeve grooves when you face the top of the block

Do they still use the fuel squirt ignited by a glow plug in the air intake as a cold start aid? I left mine disconnected in this temperate climate, never needed it.
      Neil
      1977 Catalina 30
      San Pedro, California
      prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
      Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• 67c&ccorv
        Afourian MVP
        • Dec 2008

Enjoy your retirement!

Comment

Working...