• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered Guest
    • Sep 2008

Security Complaint

Sirs;
    All your security "stuff" is just that. GARBAGE! This is a very popular forum for a difficult subject and it's not used normally on a regular basis.

EXAMPLE: I only read it when I have an engine difficulty to diagnose.

However, wading through your security crap is a royal pain in the ASS. Normally, folks like myself are using public computers, usually in a local library of wherever our cruising lives have taken us. These computers WILL NOT ACCEPT COOKIES, and as such users are locked out of making system and even basic browser changes. What all of this means in plain old english is the foruim to many of us is basically USELESS because we can't "signup" or "log in" due to YOUR security.

Respectfully;
    (Name deleted by the Administrator)
  • Administrator
    MMI Webmaster
    • Oct 2004

Respectfully? Perhaps you should re-read what you sent.

You might read this posting, if you have not already seen it:

One of the reasons this is a popular forum is that the security we have in place keeps the junk from being posted. Yesterday, it was some guy wanting to sell a line of tennis shoes.

If you are unable to log in and wish to have a question or a comment posted on your behalf, you may simply forward an email to info@moyermarine.com requesting same, and we'll be glad to accommodate you. You need not be registered or logged in to read any of the postings. We'll set up an account on your behalf which properly credits you for the posting, and which you may use as your circumstances permit.

Kind regards,

Bill
    Webmaster

Comment

• CalebD
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2007

Dude, get your own computer that will eat your own cookies.

It works for the rest of us just fine. If you register here you can sign on from any 'library' computer that you wish if you can remember your login and password - no different than any other big web portal like yahooo or ayo-ell.
      As far as 'respectfully'; I think not.
      You should re-read your initial post as the admin was kind enough to delete your name.
      BTW, wanna buy some tennis shoes or ****** real cheap?
      Don't look for that here. The security folks are doing a fine job.
      Tartan 27 #328 owner born 1958
      A4 and boat are from 1967

Comment

• SEMIJim
        • Oct 2007

Dear Unregistered Guest (note emphasis),

Until you've actually run a facility like this, you're in no position to comment as to whether the security measures implemented are "garbage" or not. Secondly: A public-access system, such as a library, that disables accepting cookies on a general basis is stupidly operated, IMHO.

And, unlike you, I can speak with some degree of authority, being as I'm a Systems, Network & TelCom Admin, by trade.

Last of all: If you don't like the way this free resource works or is run, I suggest you don't use it.

Jim

Comment

• Robertjulius
          Frequent Contributor
          • Sep 2008

Amazing Resource

The Moyer Marine site is an amazing resource. The owner of the company has responded to my questions on this community site as well as by email. I have never been treated with such respect and kind attention on any other site. I recommend Moyer Marine to all of my boating friends. Mr. Moyer brings the meaning of customer service to new heights.

Comment

• rigspelt
            Afourian MVP
            • May 2008

Perhaps the complainant was having a bad day -- we all have those. Sounds like frustration with technology, not this free service little MMI provides to A4 owners.

I have accessed the forum from my cellphone while sailing (and waiting for endless movie previews to end in a theatre). This forum and MMI's service-oriented business are simply the best-run of any I have encountered, bar none. Keep up the good work, folks. I have another order brewing. I hope to meet the gang down there some day.
            1974 C&C 27

Comment

• msauntry
              • May 2008

Don,
              This place is so well organized and runs so smoothly, that I admit I've taken it for granted. You've done a great job keeping out the nonsense.
              Thanks for a great site. This resource has saved countless engines I'm sure.
              Sincerely,
              M. Sauntry

Comment

• Don Moyer
                • Oct 2004

Thanks. It's really a labor of love for everyone connected to MMI.

Don

Comment

• David Masury
                  • Oct 2004

Having security like on this site is a two way street..... we the users get information that may not be available anywhere else, and we know that this is a clean site free of many types of contamination. The other side is that the provider of this site Don Moyer knows that the poeple who take the time to register and get invloved with the subject are here for a reason.

Keep up the great work Don.

David

Comment

• Tom Alessi
                    • Nov 2006

3 cheers for MMI

Got through another season with my A-4. Thanks MMI
                    Tom A

Comment

Working...
                    X