X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OfficeMonkey
    • Jan 2021

Removing my first FWC pump!

My "previously loved" boat has a leak in her fresh water pump. It's a JABSCO, I have the impeller puller and the repair kit -- and I have absolutely ZERO idea how to safely/efficiently disconnect the pump from the belt and the engine itself.

I don't even know if I need a special tool, if I need to use force, if I need to utter the magical words, "Help me, Don Moyer, you're my only hope."

Any suggestions? Good writeups? I've never removed an engine belt before in my life...
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

Removing FWC belt

OM, The brackets of most front mounted FWC belt driven pumps are mounted under the top starter mounting bolt. After loosening that single mounting bolt, you can back out the belt tensioning bolt on the base of the mounting bracket far enough to remove belt. Don

Comment

• OfficeMonkey
      • Jan 2021

you can back out the belt tensioning bolt on the base of the mounting bracket far enough to remove belt.
      Is the belt tensioning bolt the one that's "between" the bracket and the top of the engine?

Comment

• OfficeMonkey
        • Jan 2021

It was! Pump removed, partially disassembled, hammered, battered, and replaced!

Comment

Working...
        X