• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ILikeRust
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2010

A4 Spotted - on the highway!

Driving down I-95 yesterday afternoon, southbound between D.C. and Fredericksburg, VA. We were catching up to an old Ford F350 with duallies and even from a distance, I spied what certainly appeared to be an Atomic 4, sitting in the bed of the truck.

As we got closer and passed, sure enough - it was.

Wondering if that was someone here on the forum, bringing home their latest score?
    - Bill T.
    - Richmond, VA

Relentless pursuer of lost causes
  • marthur
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2004

Not me, my latest acquisition was in the back of the mini-van with the vintage travel trailer towing behind in Michigan. That was yesterday, however.
    Mike

Comment

• Al Schober
      Afourian MVP
      • Jul 2009

Fellow must have lost his tailgate - hope he didn't lose the A4! Anyone in the DC area missing their A4? Aaah, the possibilities that sighting suggests...

Comment

• ILikeRust
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2010

No he had his tailgate. I was driving my pickup, so my vantage point was high enough to see into the bed of the truck.
        - Bill T.
        - Richmond, VA

Relentless pursuer of lost causes

Comment

• thatch
          Afourian MVP
          • Dec 2009

We might want to sub-title this thread "American A4 Pickers". I have two spare A4's, one found under a tarp at a local boatyard and another found on Craigslist. The latter was going to go to the scrap yard the next day, so I left a note for my wife, dropped by the ATM and hit the highway. Ten hours later I was back home with a complete, rebuildable A4. Call me crazy, if you will, but I feel that it's important that we rescue as many of this "iron gold" as possible.
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X