X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ajax
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by sastanley View Post
    You know...the many times I've helped Ajax with his boat(s) or sailed with him, I am not sure I've ever seen him have a beverage.
    Yeah, that's because I have too much anxiety when I'm working. I wish I could relax a little when I'm doing this stuff. Ok, I'm just going to buy the vacuum canister oil pump and draw out through the dipstick tube. No need to get fancy.

I can easily reach the dipstick through the access under my galley sink.

Comment

• sailmakered
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by edwardc View Post
      One of the nice things about my "backwards" V-drive engine is that it has the oil fil cap and the dipstick relocated to the transmission cover and nearby. Shoving a siphon tube down thru the transmission to the low point of the sump does not require removing the cover!
      I'm glad I did remove the cover as I found this little bugger wainting to drop into the tranny to do untold destruction

I have the Indigo oil filter as well, just need to put it in

Comment

• sastanley
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2008

SM, I installed my Indigo kit this summer...I took the carb off and it was a lot easier to see what I was doing, but it might be possible with it installed.

Having 'reliable' and steady oil pressure made it very worthwhile. My oil pressure was all over the place with the old stock Universal "spring & ball thingie" in the block.
        -Shawn
        "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
        "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
        sigpic

Comment

• rigspelt
          Afourian MVP
          • May 2008

Originally posted by edwardc View Post
          One of the nice things about my "backwards" V-drive engine is that it has the oil fil cap and the dipstick relocated to the transmission cover and nearby.
          Ed that photo is a joy to look at. Great paint restoration job. I just sat here after I got home from work and stared at it, soaking up the look of a well cares for A4 and de-stressing. Nice.
          1974 C&C 27

Comment

• edwardc
            Afourian MVP
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by rigspelt View Post
            Ed that photo is a joy to look at. Great paint restoration job. I just sat here after I got home from work and stared at it, soaking up the look of a well cares for A4 and de-stressing. Nice.
            Thanks for the kind words! I think I spent at least as much time on degreasing, wirebrushing, masking, and painting as I did on the mechanical stuff!
            @(^.^)@ Ed
            1977 Pearson P-323 "Dolce Vita"
            with rebuilt Atomic-4

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X