Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aelxon
    • Nov 2015

Baltimore DC area engine parts(carb, alternator, starter motor etc) for sale

I just pulled a new model A-4 from a 1973 Tartan sailboat I just bought. I already scrapped the engine(even though it turned over : ( ), but have the following parts for sale:

alternator
    carburetor
    starter motor
    water pump
    distributor
    intake/exhaust manifold
    Flywheel and flywheel cover
    top part of the fuel pump(not the part bolted to the engine)

I know the starter motor works, not sure about the other stuff, but it all looks pretty ok.

Make me an offer, and let me know how you want to do the exchange. I'll probably have to junk heap this stuff if I don't sell it by this Friday...get it while you can!
  • joe_db
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

I might be in for the alternator - never hurts to have extras.
    Why was the engine scrapped - just curious.
    Joe Della Barba
    Coquina
    C&C 35 MK I
    Maryland USA

Comment

• aelxon
      • Nov 2015

Engine was scrapped because I had no space to keep her...subletting the dock I'm on and getting a deal, don't want to raise eyebrows. I assumed the engine didn't run when I bought the boat, then spark plug broke off in it while removing stuff, then extractor broke off when trying to remove the spark plug etc...hoses were all mushy, it was clear the engine wasn't winterized before being stored for 4+ years before I bought her recently. I tried removing the head and it was a PITA, and I really hate getting sucked into engine B.S when I'm trying to focus on sailing...so I pulled the engine and scrapped her yesterday.

Comment

• aelxon
        • Nov 2015

Gonna junk the rest of this stuff Thursday if no one wants it, or leave it on a corner somewhere and post the address here.

Comment

• cfergu22
          • Jul 2012

I just sent you a pm

Comment

• romantic comedy
            Afourian MVP
            • May 2007

I had 9 VW engines, in various states, that I had to get rid of once. I love mechanical things. Especially love old ones.

Comment

• aelxon
              • Nov 2015

I'm only spread across 4 states and 2 countries right now...you got me beat RC! Theoretically, I like old mechanical things(when not fully dependent on them). When your living space becomes fouled by the smell of penetrating oil, and the labor involved to make things right stretches into infinity, and hey it's just an "auxillary" engine anyway, I feel justified throwing in the towel.

Comment

• aelxon
                • Nov 2015

All the engine pieces are gone

Comment

Working...
                X