X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dtinder
    • Oct 2004

Fuel System stuff

Tks to Don M and his helpful staff my intermittant shut downs have ceased ( Intermittant failure of oil pressure safety switch)

When I got my C/C 27' I was fortunate to get the previous owners boxes and boxes of spares---with which, I've had a great deal of fun just playing with . On my desk is a spare carb----maybe original----and a spare (blue) elect fuel pump--obviously used. These are great items for "Show and tell" among "experts" in the marina. Personally, I never throw anything away ( well, "cept for that ##### oil pressure switch).

I'm not about to ask my wife to crawl into that hole to replace either of these items---just to see if they work properly.

Don, I dont't know your shop setup---but are you in a position to bench test either the carb or the fuel pump?

Regards, Dave in sunny Ft Myers
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

Dave,

Congratulations on a great job working through your earlier shutting down problem!

We have no special test setup for carburetors or fuel pumps. I recommend that you simply install them on your engine and see if they work. If they do, you can then keep the original units as spares, knowing that they work as well.

Best regards,

Don Moyer

Comment

Working...
    X