• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailorjim34T
    Frequent Contributor
    • Oct 2007

New Member says Hi

Greetings.

I am happy to be signed on to this very informative site. I had an A4 in my 1972 Bristol 32 and was very pleased with it. I currently have a Tartan 34 classic and have a smooth running A4 there also. I am in Florida, near St.Petersburg. I have recently installed a CO detector about three feet from the engine on the same side of the boat and above the engine and exhaust, water lift muffler. I am getting what I consider fairly high CO readings. I am presuming it is a leak in the hot side of the exhaust from the manifold. Any suggestions how I should tackle this? Previous owner went all over the Gulf of Mexico and Central America without him or his wife complaining of headaches or any other sx of CO poisoning. Is the CO detector too sensitive? Thanks for any feedback.

Jim Marron
  • Jesse Delanoy
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2006

Jim,

My family had a 1972 Bristol 32 back in the day. What is the color and name of the one you had?

Comment

• sailorjim34T
      Frequent Contributor
      • Oct 2007

Bristol 32

Hi:
      My Bristol 32 was called Clover and I sold it in 1999 or 2000 to a fellow in Cleveland, Ohio. The boat was sailed out of Henderson Harbor NY.

Comment

Working...
      X