• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave.hackett@ns.sympatico
    Frequent Contributor
    • Feb 2007

Blow-By Scavenge Tube purpose

What is the purpose of the rubber (I'd say 1/2") blow-by scavenge tube just above the spark arrestor?

My mechanical background would tell me that this is a vent for the crankcase. But then I understand that this is also the reason the oil filler cap is not sealed - so it acts as a vent for the crankcase.

I'm getting too many fumes from under the filler cap and I'd like to seal it off or at the very least, try the after market by-pass tube mentioned in the other threads.

Thanks
    DaveH
  • msauntry
    • May 2008

Sorry, that won't work. I tried it on mine already. If it doesn't come out one, it'll come out the other.
    I added the Indigo kit which sucks the fumes into the carb to be burnt.
    Works great and no more fumes!

Comment

• David Masury
      • Oct 2004

A crancase ventilation kit is what you need.... available from Indigo Electronics...... the kit reroutes the crankcase vent tube to a spacer just above your carburator...thus the vented oil fumes get consumed by the engine.

This is a great upgrade for the A4. Now your flame arrestor screen stays nice and clean and does not choke the engine. Of course, there is no more smell being pushed out into the boat.

David

Comment

Working...
      X