X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Laker
    • Sep 2010

Way to go!

The Pearson Triton is a wonderful boat. Very graceful fractional rig. Be careful , though - the way those boats were built it's probably only good for another 50 years of service.

Once you get a good fuel supply to your A-4 I'll bet it starts.

Have fun , Laker
    1966 Columbia 34 SABINA

Comment

• keelcooler
      • Oct 2008

Avery, Your motor is one of the last runs with that sheet metal fly wheel cover. You may find that battery location preferred with the weight low and as far forward as possible. I made a custom box and squeezed in two under the stairs. Your battery switch is approved and yes you need to secure and cover the battery.

Most East Coast Pearson built boats had monel or aluminum tanks. For a good cleaning you will find removing the fill tank top hose connection is most beneficial for the sucking hose sweep arm access. Look for cracks in the false keel and pink bronze on all of the below water hardware prior to splash.

After launch check scuppers and sink drain. Pearson did not install cocks, only fiberglass tubes and hoses. More Tritons have sunk from broken fiberglass scupper tubes than any other reason.

Comment

• ILikeRust
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by keelcooler View Post
        More Tritons have sunk from broken fiberglass scupper tubes than any other reason.
        That's interesting. My Wanderer has fiberglass tubes going from the cockpit drains straight down through the hull below. I've been thinking of cutting them out and replacing them with big, fat bronze mushroom through-hulls and proper seacocks, with a heavy hose up to a proper scupper in the cockpit. All that's in the cockpit right now is a hole molded into the cockpit floor, which goes to a short section of hose, which connects to the fiberglass tube.

Another project for next year, I think. While I'm at it, I likely will make them larger diameter for faster draining. It actually was something the surveyor recommended - the existing setup does not meet current ABYC standards for rate of cockpit drainage.
        - Bill T.
        - Richmond, VA

Relentless pursuer of lost causes

Comment

Working...
        X