X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • campbdon
    • May 2021

Simpler cooling system bypass?

I was considering inserting a valve (having barbed ends and hose clamps)in the bypass section to control the water diverted to the block. The "cooling system bypass kit" offered here by MM seems to be nothing more than a valve and metal piping replacing the rubber tubing. Why couldn't I simply insert a similar valve in line with the tubing and thus avoid the plumbing work involved. Am not planning to be constantly adjusting the valve.

Thank You
    DonC
  • joe_db
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

Originally posted by campbdon View Post
    I was considering inserting a valve (having barbed ends and hose clamps)in the bypass section to control the water diverted to the block. The "cooling system bypass kit" offered here by MM seems to be nothing more than a valve and metal piping replacing the rubber tubing. Why couldn't I simply insert a similar valve in line with the tubing and thus avoid the plumbing work involved. Am not planning to be constantly adjusting the valve.

Thank You
    DonC
    If you can get a valve to fit in there, have at it. Many Moyer products can be reverse-engineered and probably done a cheaper way, but we try and give some respect to our host here.
    Not everyone has the time or inclination to fool around with hoses and wires, a proven solution that you know works is a benefit to many and the more inventive and spare time endowed among us make stuff out of spare parts.
    Joe Della Barba
    Coquina
    C&C 35 MK I
    Maryland USA

Comment

• Dave Neptune
      Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
      • Jan 2007

Courtesy

It is very nice to have all of the info here on this site. The years of compilation have yielded a vast amount of info for all things A-4. Please note that this info is free and offered up to all by our host. Supporting our host will keep this info available and ongoing as they are about the only source for good A-4 parts and info for all'

Dave Neptune
      Last edited by Dave Neptune; 08-02-2021, 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• campbdon
        • May 2021

Yes thank you and I hear you. I have become a regular customer on MM and find the pricing fair and tech info helpful. Sometimes, though being in Canada (Lake Ontario), we have much longer wait times on shipping (cross border, COVID etc) and when sailing season (maybe 5 mos max) is running down a quick solution is desired. I have addressed many technical issues thanks to the advice and words of support on this site.
        Thanks again
        DonC

Comment

Working...
        X