X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marian Claire
    Afourian MVP
    • Aug 2007

This may help. I had the same "stuck ball" issue as described in post #3. http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/sh...ighlight=facet
    Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• Marian Claire
      Afourian MVP
      • Aug 2007

gclayton: Do you have a oil pressure safety switch? If so have you tried by-passing it? Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• roadnsky
        Afourian MVP
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by gclayton View Post
        I see there is a cap at the bottom of the fuel pump. Can it be cleaned, rebuilt ?
        George-
        Does your Facet pump look like this one? (See pic)
        If so, you can open it up by twisting the metal (silver) cap off the bottom.
        (Be ready to catch the fuel)
        There's really not much in there to "clean" though. Especially if you've got a RACOR upstream of it.

I like where Dan is going with the OPSS (Oil Pressure Safety Switch)
        Do you have one in line? Is it fused? If fused... 5A or 10A?

One more question...
        If you can get her to shut down again, take the Flame Arrestor off and look in the carb throat to see if there is fuel puddled in there?
        Attached Files
        -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
        sigpic
        1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• gclayton
          • Feb 2008

Another aforian sucess !!!

All

It runs...It runs !!!!

Thanks for all the help on this. It was difficult because of two symptoms for different reasons. The choke problem was the carb and a rebuild fixed that. The shut down was the fuel pump. I had an old one that I wasnt sure worked but I kepped it as backup. Removed my "New" one put in the old back in and ran for an hour until i shut it off!!!

Dan the link to the fuel pump thread was a huge help. Thanks again everyone. In 30 days im shoving off to Erie to Ontario, St Lawrence seaway to ME and NH and winter in the Bahamas. If I didnt solve this this weekend I was going to have to call a mechanic because Im running out of time with my refit.
          George Clayton
          sv ADULLUM II
          C30

"The Majesty Of The Sea Far Exceeds The Muscle Of Language To Express It" Unknown

Comment

Working...
          X