X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomd
    • Dec 2010

Edson Engine Control For Sale

I don't know if anyone here is looking for one of these, but I just put mine on ebay.

Removed from my boat this fall. We're putting a diesel in, so don't need the side shift version. It fits the smaller Edson pedestals (334, 335).
  • ndutton
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

I'm surprised it hasn't been asked yet. What was the problem with the A4 and is it available?
    Neil
    1977 Catalina 30
    San Pedro, California
    prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
    Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• sastanley
      Afourian MVP
      • Sep 2008

Neil, you gonna drive all the way to Rochester? That's almost Canada, eh?

That's even a pretty long drive for me and I am on the East Coast...although I might consider it if the engine was in good enough condition.
      -Shawn
      "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
      "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
      sigpic

Comment

• ndutton
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2009

The things we'll do

I've been known to do a road trip for such things but I wasn't considering it this time. I threw the question out there for those within reasonable distance.

Some years ago I won an eBay auction for a derelict tri-hull power boat for $9.95. Didn't give a #%&@ about the boat but it was sitting on a sweet EZ Loader trailer. Only issue was it was 400 miles away. I told my 8 year old son "Road Trip!" and off we went. When I arrived at the dealership that was handling the transaction for the charity they told me they were taking bets whether or not I'd show up. I handed him a 10 spot, held out my hand for the nickel change and was back on the road the following morning after an overnight in the local flea-bag hotel. Fixed the trailer lights in the hotel parking lot.

Having my son in tow kept the local hookers who frequented the hotel at bay. Aah, memories!
        Neil
        1977 Catalina 30
        San Pedro, California
        prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
        Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• tomd
          • Dec 2010

Sorry, haven't been back here. The manifold has rusted through so there's exhaust leaking. Other than that, nothing wrong with the engine as far as I know. We decided to repower because the A4 is a little light on power for our boat and my taste. Come to think of it, the A4 was a little flaky last year, maybe it knew it was going to be replaced.

I believe it's a '78, or the ad for the boat (when it was purchased 20 years ago) said the A4 was new in '78, but it might not have been new new... Came out of our Pearson 36 in September. It's sitting in a shed now. We have the panel, 2:1 gearbox, 65A balmar alternator w/ programmable voltage regulator. The alternator's not very old, we might sell that separately.

Some photos here, if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
          X