• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • W2ET
    Former Admin
    • Oct 2008

J-B Weld 8277 WaterWeld Epoxy Putty Stick

I just used this stuff for the first time, repairing a leak in a cracked Tygon hose fitting which was spewing water under about 20 PSI of pressure. Amazing result! Easy to apply to a wet surface, fully cured in one hour, and zero leak. Temp tolerance is said to be 300 degrees F. This particular fix was on pool plumbing, but a couple of sticks are definitely going on the boat.

Cheap, too.

Specs and technical details are on Amazon. Some interesting how-to's are on YouTube.

Bill
    Last edited by W2ET; 05-14-2022, 12:10 PM.
  • Dave Neptune
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Jan 2007

Bill, nice find and if it is a JB product it is usually excellent. I will be adding it to my bonding collection too!

These new classes of polyimide resins is getting really popular. In my old line of work I reaped the benefits in diamond abrasives. The new abrasive wheels were far more durable, starting at around 2 to 1 when the products were new to a solid ten fold improvement in both the life of the wheel and at increased metal removal rates. There are some mixes that are stable to 500 degrees at an increase of heat dissipation.

A big advantage in wet adhesion too. Most of the earlier types also needed to be baked to set off the resin and it is still true in the high temp applications.

Dave Neptune

Comment

Working...
    X