X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eriewinds
    • Nov 2005

Modification to Suggestion for Flushing Carb

I had some fuel problems recently so I reviewed these threads.

If it is not possible to access the plug to the main jet easily for flushing try this.

Unbolt the carb, but don't disassemble it. Leave choke and fuel lines attached. Pick it up or rotate the assembly to gain access to the main jet plug (which may have been inaccessable).

Proceed with the flushing step as usual. (Empty fuel into glass jar, discard, repeat until clear, replace plug.) Additionally re-bolt carb to manifold. This works nicely if a primer blub is installed as has been suggested previously in this forum.

The advantage of this procedure is that carb disassemble is avoided while still getting rid of any dirt and water quickly with a minimum of time. Only one tool is required, 1/2 inch hex wrench (plus jar).

This process worked great for me. After a flush and priming the engine started right up one first try. Less than five minutes needed for the procedure!

As pointed out by Don previously, if access is available by all means flush normally (skip the procedure described here).

This method is for those with limited access who want to flush out the carb as preventative maintenance (or when a fuel deliver problem exists).

Working...
X