X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiloh
    • Sep 2017

What kind of water pump do I have

The water pump on my atomic 4 has a rectangular oil fill cap and forward of that it has a cylinder about one inch in diameter and a very small dip stick sticking up out of the center about 2 inches overall. Can anyone tell me what kind of water pump it is and what maintenance I should do to it?
  • Marian Claire
    Afourian MVP
    • Aug 2007

Welcome to the forum. Between this and your other post it sounds like you may have an early model. If so the oil fill and what maybe the tach take off are not part of the water pump. Pics of your A-4 would be great.
    Dan S/V Marian Claire
    Last edited by Marian Claire; 09-10-2017, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Marian Claire
      Afourian MVP
      • Aug 2007

This pic may help. Moving left to right it shows the water pump, engine oil fill, distributor oil port above and the old capped off tach connection.

The area with the red circle is the engine oil dipstick.

Dan S/V Marian Claire
      Attached Files

Comment

• Shiloh
        • Sep 2017

The dip stick I was talking about is where the grease cup would be. The red wire coming out of the distributor wraps around it.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Marian Claire
          Afourian MVP
          • Aug 2007

That is the tach port, which is on the accessory drive, that the red and black wires are going by. You can see the accessory drive here. http://www.moyermarine.com/cgi-bin/s...rebuilder.html
          Someone may have just cut it off the tach cable???

The engine oil fill is on the aft housing http://www.moyermarine.com/cgi-bin/s...rebuilder.html

I imagine access is tight but a pic of the water pump itself will help us ID. We can see just a bit of the pump. If the water pump has a grease cup or a zerk fitting, the type of back plate and the type of gasket used for the back plate change with different pumps. http://www.moyermarine.com/cgi-bin/s...rebuilder.html

Definitely early model and I see you have the canister for a oil filter and EI has been installed.
          Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• Shiloh
            • Sep 2017

Thank you I did not know what the tack port was. I will get a better picture for you this weekend. I live 45 miles from my boat, so that is as soon as I can take a better picture.

Comment

• Marian Claire
              Afourian MVP
              • Aug 2007

Cool. Pics are so helpful. I have been amazed at what the folks here can pick up from them. So snap away. You may want to size them a bit smaller so they will fit on the page better.
              Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

Working...
              X