Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Roughton
    • Jun 2012

I just bought an O'Day 27. The A-4 was removed and the boat now uses an outboard. I'd like to find an A-4 that I can put back into the boat at some time (the motor mounts are still there). The boat is located on the Potomac River in Stafford County, VA. If anyone has any leads, I'd be interested in checking them out.

Bill
  • Dave Neptune
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Jan 2007

Good idea!

Bill, welcome to the A-4 forum! Someone will chime in with something. There seems to be quite a few available on the east coast as compared to out here on the west side.
    Pretty much no matter the condition if it is fixable or even runable we can get it running, installed and upgraded if you want. All it amounts to is how much work you want to do or have done and how much you want to spend.

Dave Neptune

Comment

• kakers
      • Aug 2009

Welcome

Bill,

Music to my ears hearing that you want to replace the outboard with an A-4! You've come to the right place - you'll be amazed at the expertise and generosity you find here.
      Ken
      '73 Cal 29 "Mana"

Comment

• sastanley
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2008

Bill, Welcome!

I am in Southern Maryland out of the Patuxent River. I am much closer by car than boat.

A4's often pop up on Craigslist & occasionally on fleaBay. You may or may not find a complete running motor in one shot. You may have to piece together a couple of different purchases to get a running engine...but you never know.

Of course, keep in mind that if you have the scratch ($$), you can purchase a complete motor from Moyer as well.
        -Shawn
        "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
        "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
        sigpic

Comment

• Bill Roughton
          • Jun 2012

Thanks for the kind words and helpful suggestions. Looking forward to digging into an A-4 and getting it in the boat!

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X