X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark S
    • Sep 2008

Ready to go

After installing Ignitor electronic ignition, thermostat by-pass shut off valve, new plugs, plug wires, cap, and rotor, and cleaning the Perko 299, the good old A4 started on the first turn over, blew some blue smoke for a minute from the MMO squirted in the cylinders, and settled down to a fine hum, expelling clean fresh water for about a half hour while the boat spent hopefully its last week on the jack stands.

Thanks to Don for selling me good stuff and everyone on this site who helped with good advice.

Mark S
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

Mark...nice!

I talked to the yard manager this past Friday and hope to launch in 6-9 days. I can't wait for the A-4 to hum down the creek!
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• Dana Mace
      • Jan 2008

Started right up

Hi Mark
      I'm also in Marblehead; had my A4 fire right up, but not as much water batching as I remember. Did;nt overheat,ran at 180 with a little hesitation from idle to higher revs.
      Probable carb adjustment.
      Happy sailing.
      Dana

Comment

• 67c&ccorv
        Afourian MVP
        • Dec 2008

You go Mark! (Still have lot's of work left to do on mine before I can get in the water this year...)

Comment

Working...
        X