• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allsummerlong
    Frequent Contributor
    • Mar 2009

marvel mystery oil

can anyone sneek me some across the boarder to canada, or can anyone tell me who carries it in canada ? thank u
  • rigspelt
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2008

Originally posted by rigspelt View Post
    Found at http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/inde...te/wheretobuy/ on 05 June 2008: "Unfortunately, Marvel Mystery Oil is not available anymore at Canadian Tire. However, Marvel Mystery Oil in the US Gallon size is stocked by TruServ Canada. The TruServ Canada stocking number is 0414200. The phone number for TruServ Canada headquarters is 204.453.9511. Call headquarters if you are having trouble finding this product at your local store."
    I called them. They gave me instructions for who to contact in our local town. I called that store and they said they would order some in and call me. I never got that call. Then one day I was walking down an aisle in a local Home Depot and bingo, there was a whole shelf of MMO. I bought half of it. Couple of weeks ago I noticed the shelf was empty.That's all I can offer at present.
    1974 C&C 27

Comment

• Dave O
      • Nov 2007

Why not just buy it from Moyer Marine?

I'm in Canada also (Toronto), and I get a lot of value with limited cost from this site. So for the occasional expense like MMO, I think it's good value in exchange for that advice. Moyer sells it with no problem and quick delivery.

In fact, I do not see the fairness or sense of reading (amd I presume accepting) the information and advice on this site, while looking for a low cost supplier with no investment in this A4 community.

Dave O
      Port Credit, Ontario

Comment

• roadnsky
        Afourian MVP
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dave O View Post
        In fact, I do not see the fairness or sense of reading (and I presume accepting) the information and advice on this site, while looking for a low cost supplier with no investment in this A4 community.
        Dave-
        An excellent point! Thanks for making it.
        -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
        sigpic
        1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• bluenoserii
          Frequent Contributor
          • Jul 2008

Where to buy MMO in Canada

Although an old post, I thought it would be helpful to leave some new info.

I contacted TruServe at their Winnipeg. There were extremely helpful and returned calls promptly.

In Nova Scotia, there is a TimberMart in Canning (about 1 hr from Halifax). A call to them and they have two cases back ordered. It seems that it is hard to find and they have 'regulars' who buy a case at time.

Give them a call and hopefully, their nearest retailer has it in stock.

Best,
          David

Comment

• allsummerlong
            Frequent Contributor
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Dave O View Post

I'm in Canada also (Toronto), and I get a lot of value with limited cost from this site. So for the occasional expense like MMO, I think it's good value in exchange for that advice. Moyer sells it with no problem and quick delivery.

In fact, I do not see the fairness or sense of reading (amd I presume accepting) the information and advice on this site, while looking for a low cost supplier with no investment in this A4 community.

Dave O
            Port Credit, Ontario
            well dave sorry to say but im sure u have a gold visa and master card, probably american express to. i have none of these. nor do i have a big bank account either. i live paycheck to paycheck. so if you think i can get supplies from moyer tell me how.i use this site for info which is very helpful to me and i thank everyone for thier input.so getting oil from a canadian supplier would just be easier for me, thanks for everyones help. allsummerlong

Comment

• rigspelt
              Afourian MVP
              • May 2008

I buy lots of stuff from MMI. I didn't know they sold MMO though; I see it there now: MISC_08_272 http://www.moyermarine.com/cgi-bin/s...ey=MISC_08_272. Good to know there are no shipping issues for MMO (I had wrongly assumed there were, without asking - doh).
              Last edited by rigspelt; 07-17-2009, 06:29 AM.
              1974 C&C 27

Comment

• Jesse Delanoy
                Afourian MVP
                • Dec 2006

Do they simply not carry it in auto supply stores in Canada? I can walk into any AutoZone, Pep Boys or Advance Auto store and pick it up on the shelf. Odd that it wouldn't be available in Canada.

Comment

• sastanley
                  Afourian MVP
                  • Sep 2008

Jesse, I can get it for $12.xx/gallon at Wal-Mart!
                  -Shawn
                  "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
                  "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
                  sigpic

Comment

• charles@pricefarrington.c
                    • Aug 2008

Why Use MMO?

Ok, remind me why we need to use MMO??
                    74' Ranger 29

Comment

• Marian Claire
                      Afourian MVP
                      • Aug 2007

Check the second post below in the similar thread area. Or FAQ, fuel system # 19. Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

Working...
                      X