• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rigspelt
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Dave O View Post
    I finally gave up and went with the new 3/4" thru hull and seacock (both Groco) and am pleased I did. It's a very solid installation.
    Same story for me. Here's mine. Replaced an original 1/2" gate valve that it turns out would only half close with this 3/4" flanged seacock.
    Attached Files
    1974 C&C 27

Comment

• rigspelt
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2008

Someone asked about the 3-way ball valve in behind the filter in
      Originally posted by rigspelt View Post
      my photo at this post.
      I got it at a local marine supplier. It is a tee, with a ball valve screwed into the side port. I attached a garden hose quick release fitting to the side port. The ball valve handle has a locking mechanism that prevents the handle from being knocked into an open position, which of course would trigger a leak. I may end up leaving the hose attached to this port and plugging the end of the hose as an additional safety feature. Looks like this: http://www.nb-integplumbing.com/prod...With_Lock.html
      Last edited by rigspelt; 06-20-2009, 05:29 AM.
      1974 C&C 27

Comment

• roadnsky
        Afourian MVP
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by sastanley View Post
        Jerry, Do you stuff the bypass (Horizon hose in your pic) hose into a jug of stuff for flushing? Where does it go?
        The bypass hose has a brass screw-on cap at the end. It's long enough to reach my bilge so if I had a large leak I could stick the end of the hose in there (or elsewhere) and use the engine to pump. When I do an acid or vinegar flush, I just stick the end in a bucket and switch the 3-way valve over.
        When not in use, the bypass hose is capped and tucked into a couple of brackets at the side of the engine compartment.

I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow and post 'em...
        -Jerry
        -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
        sigpic
        1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

Thanks for the clarification! I think that is a good idea if you don't want to spend the $$$$ on the Groco with the pull tab. I was just curious.

My intake hose has enough play that if I had a catastrophic failure and needed the engine to pump water out of the bilge, I could put it in the bilge with minimal difficulty..however, I always like to learn from other people
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

• Dave O
            • Nov 2007

If anyone has a complete photo of just the seacock, raw water strainer and tubing that leads from each to the impeller (pump) that would be great for me.

I need to add a 3/4" raw water strainer and am a bit concerned about pressure loss by adding extra lengths of tubing and restrictions to the flow path leading from the seacock to the pump.

Currently the tubing path from the seacock to the pump is short and quite straight. However, there is no convenient place to mount the strainer, so by adding the strainer it will increase flow restriction or pressure loss going from the seacock to the pump. The more awkward the location of the strainer, the greater the pressure loss to the pump.

Dave
            Last edited by Dave O; 06-19-2009, 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• rigspelt
              Afourian MVP
              • May 2008

After the first season in the ocean, this is all the strainer picked up (after that first jellyfish on the first day as shown earlier in this thread). I had decided to go with no external hull strainer. That Groco 750 is very easy to maintain.
              Attached Files
              1974 C&C 27

Comment

Working...
              X