• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jstaff
    • Oct 2004

"Sails" a new topic?

Hi,

I'd like to know if some members would like to start a new topic, "Sails". With so many cruising sails produced overseas I'd like to hear some opinions. For example, does anyone have experence with "Rolly Tasker" sails that are sold by National Sail Supply, The Sail Warehouse and Bacon to mention a few.

Many of us would prefer to buy a U.S. built sail but it's hard to resist what appears to be a very good value.

Regards,

jstaff
  • Hazelnut
    Frequent Contributor
    • Oct 2004

My Vote.

Group,

This is Don's call but I vote to keep the Forum dedicated to the Atomic 4 and its peripherals.

Hazelnut

Comment

• JimG
      • Mar 2005

Besides, us A4 owners are an odd demographic, loving old engines and the old boats they reside in. Our opinions about sails are probably equally twisted
      S/V Latis
      Brookings, OR
      Ranger 33

Comment

• Don Moyer
        • Oct 2004

You make a good point, Jim. I confessed to Jstaff when he first brought this idea to my attention that, being an incurable motorhead, I have never owned a decent set of sails in my life. Worse, if I had ever sprung for new sails, I'm not sure I'd have known what to do with them, so anything I would have to say on the subject would put me at great risk of either starting or contributing to a pool of ignorance.

So for now, and with utmost respect for the noble and fine art of sailing, I have asked our webmaster to stay the course and manage the Community Forum so as to maintain our focus on those issues that are most useful in understanding the fascinating energy system on our boat that gets us to that far shore (or the starting line) when the wind is not cooperating.

Don

Comment

• Chris T
          • Nov 2004

New Topic!?!?

Frankly there are plenty of other websites that deal with this sort of topic. May I suggest that Don keep it the way it is. Less complicated and more to the point of the Atomic 4 engine.

Just my opinion,
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X