X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • team118
    • Feb 2009

I'm going to try that

I'll disconnect the sending unit and try that. I didn't use any sealant on the sending units, the instructions didn't ask or require sealant....

Do you think the gauges being connected to the panel is grounding all three gauges? I notice the fuel guage works fine, but it is a plastice housing?

Thanks

Comment

• High Hopes
      Afourian MVP
      • Feb 2008

On every gauge I have, the case of the gauge is ground. That being said, the ground terminals of the gauges are connected to ground. Use a meter to check for ground and B+ on the gauges. You probably have a wire or two swapped.

Steve

Comment

• team118
        • Feb 2009

What a dumb frack I am....

The fuel gauge from Telix has the ground on the left terminal, the Stewart Warner gauges are different.

A closer look and I realized as all of you have said....the wires were screwed up!

Well I unscrewed them and lo and behold...gauges that work.

I want to thank all of you for taking the time to help and to check back once and while to keep me honest!

Happy Sailing!
        Chris

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

No worries Chris! That is what we are here for

Don't forget to take some pics for us fellow Catalina owners..I still have the stock (FUNKY) gauge cluster. I recently added a tach and hung it under the counter top down below
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X