X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

Ando...when you install the manifold studs (looks like manifold gaskets there), be sure to 'anchor' them with something like Permatex #3 since they penetrate the water jacket in the block. It will at least lengthen the time before the water jacket cooling water seeps out of the studs 10-15+ years from now.
    I recommend this because i had a failing stud in a raw water cooled engine, and even after shifting to FWC, I was losing antifreeze..turns out the threads on the stud were corroded from being in saltwater for lots of years, but it trickled down the stud and burned up in the manifold and out the exhaust, so there was no evidence until pulling the manifold for other reasons and seeing the corroded threads coming out of the block!!!
    Last edited by sastanley; 09-17-2020, 06:10 PM.
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• Ando
      • Jul 2019

Awesome! Thank you. I will be using graphite paste (better for really high temp areas Like that and the manifold exhaust area too).

Comment

• sastanley
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2008

Yeah, cool..I don't care what you use...I just recommend using something!!
        -Shawn
        "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
        "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X