• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

68 - Hot section looks good!!

Agree with Dave on the anti-siphon...I would just get the pre-built Marlon, although that may hold together as long as the hot section!
    And, yes it is typical to need to visit multiple stores when cobbling this stuff together...one rarely has every part in the correct diameter/length.
    Last edited by sastanley; 07-06-2022, 10:33 AM.
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• edwardc
      Afourian MVP
      • Aug 2009

Looks very much like, if not identical to, the anti-siphion sold by MMI.
      Attached Files
      @(^.^)@ Ed
      1977 Pearson P-323 "Dolce Vita"
      with rebuilt Atomic-4

sigpic

Comment

• Marty Levenson
        • Nov 2004

exhaust rebuild

I am mid-rebuild of our Tartan 27 exhaust. I finally found a high-temp pipe dope (for locals: Hillcrest plumbing in Vancouver - they have 30 cans in storage selling for $10 CDN each...in the t.p. closet).

I am having difficulty getting the pipes aligned in the boat. Wondering how tight the connections have to be when using pipe dope? Hand tight? Harder? Using 1.25 black steel.

Thanks!
        Marty
        1967 Tartan 27
        Bowen Island, BC

sigpic

Comment

• Dave Neptune
          Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
          • Jan 2007

When using the black pipe I have installed barely hand tight IE almost loose fittings and after a few run cycles they are rusted and stuck (sealed) in place quite nicely. The problem with the sealants is they do not allow the water into the threads so "rust sealing" can take a longer time to burn out the sealant. If you can actually "tighten" using sealant is not a big deal either way however it is a PIA to get everything pointed in the right direction and get it installed.

Dave Neptune

Comment

Working...
          X