X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SvenTheGoose
    • Apr 2022

Water pump ID

I need to get new gaskets or an o-ring for my pump but am not sure which pump it is. I think it is a 202M7(or is it M3?) based off the PN on the inside of the cover and the inside of the cover does not appear to have a location for an o-ring so I think I just need the gasket for that side. A PO had used a liquid gasket material so I don't have one to reference.

Here is a picture:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220523_182618.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	206124

Thanks!
  • ndutton
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

The -3 or -7 designation refers to the thickness of the cam shoe that compresses the impeller and has nothing to do with the faceplate gasket. You are correct that you need a gasket and not an O-ring.
    Neil
    1977 Catalina 30
    San Pedro, California
    prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
    Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• Al Schober
      Afourian MVP
      • Jul 2009

The 'gasket in a tube' stuff can work, but it's not as reliable as a real gasket. If you can't source a proper one, you can make one from a paper bag. Put some sealant on one side (edge of the cover), lay the bag in place, put the cover on, and put in the screws. Once the screws are snug, just trim the stuff hanging out. No need to trim the inside for the impeller - it will wear away and go downstream. This is NOT rocket science.

Comment

• Sam
        Afourian MVP
        • Apr 2010

In the past I had to use a heavier grocery paper bag to cut a gasket. I estimated the oblong area for the shoe. Never thought about the good idea of letting the impellor doing the forming. Very good idea Dave,

Comment

• Sam
          Afourian MVP
          • Apr 2010

Sorry, meant good idea Al! My bad - long day prepping boat for season.

Comment

• ndutton
            Afourian MVP
            • May 2009

Of course the proper gasket is preferred but a temporary gasket made from a dollar bill works. The thickness is about right and the paper is waterproof. You can get 2 gaskets from one bill making them 50¢ apiece.

edit: CAUTION
            This will not work on Beneteau's with similar pumps. Minimum bill denomination is $100.00 for youze guys.
            Last edited by ndutton; 05-25-2022, 01:22 PM.
            Neil
            1977 Catalina 30
            San Pedro, California
            prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
            Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• GregH
              Afourian MVP
              • Jun 2015

Originally posted by ndutton View Post
              Of course the proper gasket is preferred but a temporary gasket made from a dollar bill works. The thickness is about right and the paper is waterproof. You can get 2 gaskets from one bill making them 50¢ apiece.

edit: CAUTION
              This will not work on Beneteau's with similar pumps. Minimum bill denomination is $100.00 for youze guys.
              Hmmm wonder how our CDN $5 plastic money would work
              Greg
              1975 Alberg 30
              sigpic

Comment

• Fred1diver
                • Mar 2022

I guess we have to find some old us bills lol
                That brings up. The price

Comment

Working...
                X