X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kokopelli
    • Dec 2006

Oil For the atomic4

I have always drained my oil through the dip stick but I never got more than 2 quarts out.
    When I saw that Moyer sold a oil drain kit I immediatly purchaced one and installed it. Yes, the plug in the block came out without any trouble.
    However, I still get onlt 2 quarts. How much oil should be extracted?
  • MikeB.330
    • Jun 2006

I average close to three quarts or so. I've never put more than 3 quarts back in it. In fact three quarts is close to too much. Alot depends on the angle your little A4 is sitting. I forget the exact number but the manual gives a wide range of oil capacity.

Mike
    Pearson Vanguard #244 with fresh Moyer A4

Comment

• N29sailor
      Frequent Contributor
      • Oct 2004

N29sailor

I can get about four quarts of dirty oil out when I change the oil. My A4 is also mounted on a slant.

Comment

• Jesse Delanoy
        Afourian MVP
        • Dec 2006

I installed the Moyer oil change kit this summer, together with a small 12 volt fuel pump, and can now suck nearly four quarts of hot oil out of the engine in a few minutes time. Big improvement over the hand pump I used to use, threading the hose down in the reversing gear assembly behind the engine block. The engine is on a slight slant (Catalina 30) but the oil change kit tube goes down to the lowest point in the oil pan. It makes oil changes easier, which means I'll do them more frequently.

Comment

Working...
        X