X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Surfaces
    • Aug 2006

Fuel System

Ahoy I seem to have a small problem with my engine performance. I have a atomic 4 gas engine 1977.I had a problem with trash in the tank. I removed the gas line and blew through it which unclogged it. Ichanged the in line filter which was a mess. I think I read something about draining the fuel line, which I didn!t do. If I give it gas very slow its fine . If I do it normal the engine cuts out. Qustion 1 Am I suppose to bleed the gas line? Next . Iam having a problem now with starting up. Never had this before. Is there a simple way to adjust the carberator ? After I get it started which takes about sixteen cranks it will be ok except for accerating Thanks for any info Surfaces
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

Your symptoms are very consistent with a lean condition, no doubt caused by a small bit of crud that has lodged in the small orifice of your main jet. The main jet is the small brass screwdriver-slotted device located in the bottom of the carburetor just inside of the 1/2" hex-headed main passage plug. This means that you can remove, check, and clean the main jet without the need to disassemble the entire carburetor.

Don

Comment

• Surfaces
      • Aug 2006

Fuel System

Originally posted by Don Moyer View Post
      Your symptoms are very consistent with a lean condition, no doubt caused by a small bit of crud that has lodged in the small orifice of your main jet. The main jet is the small brass screwdriver-slotted device located in the bottom of the carburetor just inside of the 1/2" hex-headed main passage plug. This means that you can remove, check, and clean the main jet without the need to disassemble the entire carburetor.

Don
      Thanks abunch. Ill give it a try this weekend,and give you a shout about results. Thanks again Surfaces

Comment

Working...
      X