X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sgblume
    • Aug 2008

Old Member

Finally getting around to introducing myself. I have been a sailor since my youth, and currently have a 1978 Pearson 28, with a good old Atomic 4 safely tucked under the cockpit. I live in Colorado, and keep her in the water at a local reservoir. I have lived in Minnesota, California, Washington State, and Utah where I have been fortunate enough to enjoy the sport. I currently volunteer what little spare time I have to the US Coast Guard Auxiliary.
  • Baltimore Sailor
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2007

Welcome to the forum! Since your A4 is running, we'll expect you to offer sage advice to our less fortunate brethren.

Comment

• Marian Claire
      Afourian MVP
      • Aug 2007

Welcome. Hoping the A4 runs well forever. But if not dig into this forum and you will probable find the solution. Or at least some good vibes. Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• sgblume
        • Aug 2008

A4 Resurrection

I wanted to update all of the forum of this year's startup! First of all, I backflushed the water jacket using the guidance from the forum, with great success. Realized ethanol fuel decomposition upon first attempts to run the engine- siphon time, refilled 14 gals.
        Found water in cyl 4, after lots of alternative attempts at a cure, pulled the head only to find a silver dollar size hole between the water side and cyl 4. New head gasket, lots of intermediate oil changes, and the A4 ran!
        Cross town to the lake on the trailer mixed up the crud in the bottom of the monel tank, the A4 failed after 45 mins of run time- jury rigged a 2 gal gerry can to determine the need to boil out the tank. always an adventure with the A4;I value and appreciate our forum, it has saved so many hours of reinventing the wheel!
        Thanks,
        Attached Files

Comment

• Mark S
          • Sep 2008

SG, is the photo of your block reversed right to left? Mark S

Comment

• sastanley
            Afourian MVP
            • Sep 2008

You're right Mark..it looks like the picture has been reversed!

How's this? Maybe it is a picture that was developed on film backwards!?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sastanley; 07-07-2009, 11:07 AM.
            -Shawn
            "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
            "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
            sigpic

Comment

• Mark S
              • Sep 2008

Shawn, that's much better! Mark

Comment

Working...
              X