• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ElmaBay
    • May 2009

Old boater, New sailor

Gentlemen,
    I've been boating all my life, some 56 years now, but all power boating. About this time last year I got the bug for sailing, while flying over the north coast of British Columbia during the summer time and looking down enviously at the anchored sail boats. This started a year long quest for a suitable boat, one that would not break the bank, but had some growth potential. Because of my height, over six feet, I was somewhat limited in the shorter boats, however, settled on a 30-foot San Juan, with of course at Atomic 4. I have had the boat for two weeks now and other than the 27 hours of sailing with a friend to bring it home, I have not had time for much else other than getting aquainted with the boat and engine.

I've taken both the crewing and skipper course from a sailing school here on Vancouver Island, but do not have anay real first hand experience other than the initial trip bringing the boat home. I'm certain this will change.

Anyways, I'm not certain what I have at this point in time to offer to the rest of you, however, I know all of you are a vast source of information, which I hopefully can draw upon for assistance. For the time being, I have ordered the Moyer Manual and have researched most of the Atomic 4 sites on the internet.

Heres to a growing relationship,

Doug Grant
Working...
X