X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Qben
    • Mar 2010

Thermostat housing "cap"

My thermostat housing is a little corroded around the bypass opening in the top. Not much, just enough to prevent a good seal. I know I could buy a new housing from Don, but it is otherwise in good shape. What if a stainless or brass "cap" were developed and sold that could just be slipped over whatever is left of the proturding (Haha, I realized I accidentally misspelled that, but I like it better this way!) bypass outlet and JB welded in place to restore the original dimensions and a good seal with the thermostat?

Just a thought.
    Qben

P.S. With the after market single action thermostat, does it still seal in the same place or just around the shoulder in the bottom of the housing?
  • pearson coyote
    • Jun 2009

Thermostat housing "cap"

For the money get a new one and you won't have any worries, if you do a patch job, you'll just have to do it again and again and again. Stop the pain.

I got one from Don and it worked perfect, except for the pinhole leak in the housing which Don replaced promptly.

Comment

• Qben
      • Mar 2010

Probably good advice. Though perhaps corrosion in that area is not an issue when using a single action thermostat?

Qben Oliver

Comment

Working...
      X