• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

YeahJohn,

At 1,500 RPM the A4 is sptting out 11.9HP according to the C&C archives. Probably a little more than the 5411 which maxes at 11HP..so they may be in the 9HP range if spinning the correct prop.

At 2,000 RPM she is spitting out a massive 16.2HP!

It sure would be nice if we could all spin at 3,300 RPM like Daniel..that is something like 28HP!
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• Ball Racing
      Afourian MVP
      • Jul 2011

Tyring to keep the Bay's Wooden Boat's history from dying off completely.
      Daniel

Comment

• Mephisto, a C&C 29 Mk. 1
        Frequent Contributor
        • Apr 2007

It’s a pleasure to be able to get such good advice in this forum. Thank you all!

I’m not trying to increase my cruising speed. I’d be happy with any cruising speed over 5 knots. I am, however, a little concerned about the combination of high torque and low RPM that, as Ball Racing and others point out, is not a healthy combination.

While Mephisto and I have both put on a few pounds over the years, intuition tells me that we should still be able to get by with direct drive. Before I take any drastic action, including altering the propeller’s pitch, I will take your collective good advice and check again: the hot section of the exhaust (2 years old); the carburettor (cleaned and set last year); a compression test (I’ve been living in denial); and add a vacuum gauge.

Comment

Working...
        X