X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Upchurch
    • Jan 2008

Hi,
    I'm brand new and thought I should disclose a little about myself. I live in Los Angeles and keep a 1971 Ericson 35-2 with an Atomic 4 at the Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club in the Los Angeles Harbor. I own the Ericson with my brother Joe and we are out virtually every week-end. I also have a Cal 20 that is kept in dry storage at the CBYC. I own the Cal 20 with my grandson.
    I am married with two children and four grandchildren.
    I love sailing and love the A4. (seems like I spend alot of time defending the A4 to the people who like to call it the Atomic Bomb). According to what I've read there has never been a recorded instance of an A4 explosion.
    I'm looking forward to participating and learning more about this great engine.

Bill Upchurch
    1971 A4
    Ericson 35-2
  • New27
    • Jul 2007

Bill,
    Hey neighbor! I live aboard my Newport 27 in the L.A. area. I'm currently guesting over in Cabrillo Marina in San Pedro. I know what you mean about defending the "atomic bomb". I wouldn't trade mine for anything. When I found my baby it had been sitting for over three years with no attention at Alamitos Bay Marina. After unclogging the exhaust she roared to life and after a few tune up parts she's going strong! It's pushed me all around from Dana Point, to Catalina, to Newport Harbor, to L.A. Harbor. I "almost" enjoy motoring as much as sailing.

New27

Comment

Working...
    X