X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodcom
    • Jul 2007

hello all, just joined

Excited about this forum site since we, my husband, our partner and myself have owned a CAL29 with an Atomic 4 for 13 years. All was going great until about 2 years ago when we decided to have the engine rebuilt. It took a year to get that completed by a mechanic, then we reinstalled the engine. Worked great for the first 3-4 months, then we begin to experience engine quitting while underway for about 30 minutes. Allowed to cool down,it would start up again most of the time. Over the past 6-8 months we have done intermittent repair and replacement of many items, not knowing quite what the issue might be, but the engine currently does not turn over. We get a good strong crank sound but no starting.

We have replaced fuel filter, rebuilt the carburetor and alternator. Just this weekend we replaced distributor points, condenser, rotor, distrbutor cap, spark plugs and wires and the coil. We also checked wire connections and replace worn or broken wires. Still not starting of the engine.

HELP! We are contemplating sinking the boat.

Look forward to response.

woodcom
  • bayway27
    • Jul 2007

hello all, just joined

Before you sink yourfine boat, I was also having similar problems and was at my point of total frustration. I had pulled the carb cleaning out the jets and fuel bowl, flipping the card over to esure the float was working but what I never done was take out the allenscrew on the top side of the carb where the float is. It was loaded with crud that was not viewable even when the carb was taken apart. Little blast of carb cleaner, reinstalled carb and engine
    is working beautifully. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X