Will electronic ignition remove elctricle nose that is affecting deepth finder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

#1 Unapproved

Will electronic ignition remove elctricle nose that is affecting deepth finder?

Hello:
    I installed a NavMan combination depth finder and speed instrument. Each feature uses a different sensor. When the engine is running the speed sensor works fine. However the depth finder does not. I either get erratic readings or typically no reading at all. Will switching to an electronic ignition solve this problem? I have a early model atomic 4. Under sail all features work well.
    Thanks for your help,
    Bill
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

Electronic ignition does produce somewhat of a "crisper" spark than conventional systems, particularly if the conventional system has not been tuned up for quite some time. However, before going to the effort of installing an electronic ignition system for the reason about which you're inquiring, I recommend that you check to be sure you have resistor spark plugs and resistor plug wires. Standard plugs have been reported to cause problems in several types of electronic equipment.

Don

Comment

• Unregistered

#3 Unapproved
      Dear Don:
      You were right. The resistor plugs and wires I got from you I installed this weekend and they took care of the problem.
      Thanks for your help,
      Bill

Comment

Working...
      X