X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sgblume
    • Aug 2008

Temperatur Sensor Late Model Atomic 4

Greetings I am looking to replace this sensor as it has started to come apart, and my temps at the guage seem to be showing the difference. In the catalog it illustrates the (GAUG_10_179) ISSPRO Water temperature sending unit (1/2" National Pipe Thread), and wanted to know if this one is the correct one for my engine.
    Thanks,
    Scott
  • roadnsky
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2008

Scott-
    Yes, it is the correct sensor for the A4...
    HOWEVER, you need to match the sensor to the gauge.
    What gauge do you have?

One option would be to call Ken at MMI and he might be able to tell you if your gauge will match one of the sensors that they sell.
    Of course, you can buy BOTH the gauge and sensor and you're sure of a match...
    -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
    sigpic
    1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• sgblume
      • Aug 2008

I will have to check nxt time at the boat, I have a feeling it is original equipment P28-1 1978 vintage, will also look in the books to see if it is called out.
      Thanks

Comment

• sgblume
        • Aug 2008

Temp Sensor/ Gauge

Jerry, I was at the boat the other day and found the logo on the Temp gauge is is SW- Is this indicative of what I need?
        Thanks,
        Scott

Comment

• roadnsky
          Afourian MVP
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by sgblume View Post
          Jerry, I was at the boat the other day and found the logo on the Temp gauge is is SW- Is this indicative of what I need?
          Thanks,
          Scott
          Scott-
          Well, that could mean it's the original STEWART WARNER gauge and that means the Stewart Warner sensor MMI sells might work. (Product No. - GAUG_02_92)
          My strong suggestion is to call Ken at MMI and see if he thinks it may be compatible with your old gauge.
          If you'd like to go with the ISSPRO gauge, you'd need the sending unit that matches it.
          Again, IF you have the Boat Buck$, I would suggest buying the sensor AND the gauge together.

Call Ken, he'll do you right...
          -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
          sigpic
          1978 RANGER 30

Comment

Working...
          X